Tracey loves to teach, and her students have placed well locally and nationally. Her students have earned the Bronze, Silver, and Gold USDF Rider medals. Also, many of her students have gone on to make teaching and training horses their profession. Over the years, her students have placed well at all levels in both CDS and USDF Finals and end of the year award programs.
Tracey has been fortunate to work with many good trainers and instructors. She was started in her riding by her parents Peter and Bonnie Lert. As one of the early driving forces behind dressage in the United States, Peter was a well-respected breeder, trainer and judge as well as a recipient of the USDF Lifetime Achievement Award. Growing up in the Lert family, it was only natural for Tracey to become a dressage trainer.
She participated in Pony Club throughout her childhood and her background includes jumping and cross country riding.
She has worked in clinics with Conrad Schumacher, Gabriella Grillo, Harry Boldt, Anders Lindgren, Kyra Kyrklund, Robert Dover, Lilo Fore and David Hunt.
Tracey currently bases her training program at Sandy Howard's American Sporthorse in Watsonville, CA.
- 2013 Elysian Second Level Open Champion, Golden State Dressage Festival
- 2012 Udo Vintage Cup All Breeds Grand Prix Champion
- 2011 Udo USDF Region 7 Int 2 Champion
- 2011 Udo CDS Int 1 Reserve Champion
- 2011 Udo Reserve Champion USDF HOY Int 2
- 2011 Udo All Breeds Champion Int 2
- 2010 6th at Developing Horse Championships
- 2008 Udo Region 7 Third Level Champion
- 2008 Udo CDS Third Level Freestyle Champion
- 2005 Luminary Region 7 USDF Int 2 Champion
- 2005 Luminary CDS HOY Int 2 Champion
- 2003 Lexus CDS Int 2 Champion
- 2003 Lexus USDF Region 7 Champion
- 2003 Lexus USDF Int 2 National Champion
- 2003 Luminary Region 7 USDF Int 1 Freestyle Champion
- 2002 Selected to compete with Lexus at Festival of Champions for Intermediaire Chanpionships, Gladstone , NJ
- 1997 Lexus Winner of CDS Futurity
- 1997 Lexus CDS Training Level HOY Champion
- 1997 Legere CDS Grand Prix Freestyle HOY
- 1990 Legere selected for Olympic Festival, Minneapolis, Minn
- 1989 Selected for North American Dressage Championships in Quebec, Canada. Placed fifth in Intermediaire Freestyle.
- 1989 Laylock selected to compete Olympic Festival, Oklahoma where he placed third in the USET Intermediaire Championships
- 1979 Selected to compete at Olympic Festival, Colorado Springs
- 1975 Queen’s Hunt USDF First Level HOY
- 1973 National Junior Dressage Champion
Tracey has had the opportunity to have ridden in:
- Two USDF FEI Trainer's Conferences as a demo rider with Conrad Schumacher
- a CDS Symposium with Kyra Kyrklund
- a CDS Symposium with with Anky van Grunsven and Tineke Bartels
- a USDF Symposium with Kyra Kyrklund and Eric Lette.
- USET clinics with Klaus Balkenhol, Harry Boldt, and Gabriella Grillo